Software maintenance is a part of Software Development Life Cycle. Its main purpose is to modify and update software application after delivery to correct faults and to improve performance. Software is a model of the real world. When the real world changes, the software requires alteration wherever possible.
Maintenance Work Orders
- Generate work orders based onwarranty/servicing alerts.
- Generate work orders from breakdownalerts
- Assign budgets for work orders.
- Define time line for work order.
- Work order completion.
- Work order wise status.
Maintenance Software Processes are:
- The Software Maintenance process includes a maintenance plan which contains software preparation, problem identification and find out about product configuration management.
- The problem analysis process includes checking validity, examining it and coming up with a solution and finally getting all the required support to apply for modification.
The process acceptance by confirming the changes with the individual who raised the request.
- The platform migration process, which is used if software is needed to be ported to another platform without any change in functionality.
Set up various user-defined maintenance checklists and link them to individual pieces of equipment.
E.g. : Preventive Maintenance, Periodic Inspection,
Repairs, Replacements, Warranty, AMC
Create and maintain a detailed maintenance log with file attachments, such as equipment manuals,drawings and certifications.
Maintenance Schedule – Features
- Create Maintenance schedule (General Inspection/Preventive etc..)
- Define to do list/ Assign task of maintenance
- Budget planning for maintenance activity
- Schedule target dates
- Sequencing of activities (Parallel/ Sequential )
- Schedule Calendar (Machine wise/Engineer wise)