Production Planning control
What is Production Planning Control (PPC)?
Fast Production planning control is a predetermined process which includes the use of human resource, raw materials, machines etc. PPC is the technique to plan each and every step in a long series of separate operation. It helps to take the right decision at the right time and at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency.
Fast Production Planning control Software function are concerned with decision making regarding
1.What to produce?
Product planning and development, including product design.
2.How to produce?
Process planning, material planning, tool planning etc.
3.Where to produce?
Facilities planning, capacity planning and sub-contracting planning.
4.When to produce?
Production scheduling and machine loading.
5.Who will produce?
6.How much to produce?
Planning for quantity, economic batch size etc.
Objectives of Production Planning Control
- To ensure right quantity and quality of raw material, equipment, etc. are available during times of production.
- To ensure capacity utilization is in tune with forecast demand at all the time.
Principle of Production Planning & Control
- To determine the requirements for men, materials and equipment.
- Production of various inputs at a right time and in right quantity.
- Making most economical use of various inputs.
- Arranging production schedules according to the needs of marketing department.
- Providing for adequate stocks for meeting contingencies.
- Keeping up-to-date information processes
- To ensure safe and economical production process
- To effectively utilize plant to maximize productivity
- To maximize efficiency by proper coordination in production process
- To ensure proper delivery of goods
- To place the right man for the right job, at right time for right wages.
- To minimize labor turnover
- To reduce the waiting time
Functions of Fast production planning Control
- Utilizes resources effectively.
- Makes flow of production steady.
- Estimates production resources
- Maintains necessary stock levels.
- Coordinates departmental activities.
- Minimizes wastage of resources.
- Improves labor efficiency.
- Helps to face competition.
- Provides better work environment.
- Facilitates quality improvement.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Reduces production costs.
1. Utilizes resources effectively
- Production planning and control result in effective utilization of plant capacity, equipment and resources.
2.It results in low-cost and high-returns for the organization.
2. Makes flow of production steady
- Production planning and control ensure a regular and steady flow of production.
- All machines are put to their optimum use.
- This helps in achieving a continuous production of goods.
- This also helps to provide a regular supply of goods to consumers.
3. Estimates production resources
- Production planning and control help to estimate the resources like men, materials, machines, etc.
- The estimate is made based on sales forecast.
- So, production is planned to meet sales requirements.
4. Maintains necessary stock levels
- Production planning and control prevent over-stocking and under-stocking of materials.
- Necessary stocks are maintained.
- Stock of raw-material is maintained at a proper level in order to meet production demands.
- Stock of finished goods is also maintained to meet regular demands from customers.
5. Coordinates departmental activities
- Production planning and control helps to co-ordinate the activities of different departments.
- For an example, the marketing department co-ordinates with production department to sell the goods.
- This results in profit to the organization.
6. Minimizes wastage of resources
- Production planning and control ensure proper inventory of raw-materials and effective handling of materials.
- This helps to minimize the wastage of raw materials.
- It also ensures production of quality goods. This results in minimal rejects.
- So, it results in minimum wastage.
7. Improves labor efficiency
- There is maximum utilization of manpower.
- Training is provided to the workers.
- The profits are shared with the workers in form of increased wages and other incentives.
- Workers are motivated to perform their best. This results in improved labor efficiency.
8. Helps to face competition
- Production planning and control help to give delivery of goods to customers in time.
- This is because of regular flow of quality production.
- So, the company can face competition effectively, and it can capture the market.
9. Provides better work environment
- Production planning and control provide a better work environment to workers.
- They get better work facilities, proper working hours, leave and holidays, increased wages and other incentives.
10. Facilitates quality improvement
- Production planning and control facilitate quality improvement because the production is checked regularly.
- Quality consciousness is developed among the employees through training, suggestion schemes, quality circles, etc.
11. Customer satisfaction
- Production planning and control help to give a regular supply of goods and services to consumers at competitive market price.
- This results in customer satisfaction.
12.Reduces production costs
- Production planning and control make optimum utilization of resources, and it minimizes wastage.
- It also maintains an optimal level of inventories.
- Overall, this reduces the production costs.
Stages in Fast Production Control Software
The four stages or steps in production planning & control are:
- Dispatching, and
Initial two steps i.e. Routing and Scheduling, relate to production planning.
Last two steps i.e. Dispatching and Follow-up, relate to production control.
Types of Production Planning and control
In This method , all the Production Process are Controlling by a Separate Production Control Department.
It is a good method in case of continuous Production System.
Advantage of Advanced Production Planning
- Accurate determination of Production Control.
- Decision Making Process is very fast.
- Centralized Coordination of all works.
- Decentralized Production Control
Under this method the authority & responsibility of production control, are dividing to the different department.
This method is more suitable incase of intermittent Production System.
-No additional Work-loads
-Smooth running of the Production
Better utilization of available resources
- Different Between Production Planning and control
- Important of Production Planning in Control
- Tools and Technique
1.Job Method. This technique is used if either one single worker or a group of workers are needed to produce the ware, or product. ...
2.Batch Method. Large-scale operations make it imperative for businesses to use the Batch Method. ...
3.Flow Method. ...
4.Process Method. ...
5.Mass Production Method.