Web Based Production Planning & Control
Web Based Production planning &Control is one part of production planning and control dealing with basic concepts of what to produce, when to produce, how much to produce, etc. It involves taking a long-term view at overall production planning. The objectives of production planning are as follows:
- To ensure right quantity and quality of raw material, equipment, etc. are available during times of production.
- To ensure capacity utilization is in tune with forecast demand at all the time.
Production planning takes care of two basic strategies’ product planning and process planning. Production planning is done at three different time dependent levels i.e. long-range planning dealing with facility planning, capital investment, location planning, etc.; medium-range planning deals with demand forecast and capacity planning and lastly short term planning dealing with day to day operations.
Web Based scheduling software
- Improve operations scheduling, step up from wallboards or spreadsheets
- Import jobs from spreadsheets, accounting, MRP, ERP, WMS etc
- Assign jobs to people, machines or other resources, easily using a mouse
- Real-time access anywhere/anytime through a web browser
Web Based Production Planning Software Features
Web Based Production Planning & Control Software is an important feature of the small industry. Production control regulates and stimulates the orderly how of materials in the manufacturing process from the beginning to the end.
- Schedule Screen
- Protected Schedule
- History View.
- Graphic Schedule.
- User Profiles
- Job Status
Web Based Production Planning Software Benefit
1) Understanding the efficiencies and inefficiencies.
2) Identify bottleneck and non value added activities.
3) Balance manpower utilization.
4) Section wise planning.
5) Optimize supply chain performance.
Production planning ensures that overall production process is streamlined providing following Benefits:
- Organization can deliver a product in a timely and regular manner.
- Supplier are informed will in advance for the requirement of raw materials.
- It reduces investment in inventory.
- It reduces overall production cost by driving in efficiency.
- Easy to use
- Not a Spread Sheet
- System Integration